Responsibility and Chores
TOP TEN TIPS TO GET CHILDREN TO DO CHORES AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY
- Support but don’t take over.
- Give more perks as children become more mature.
- Let them make as many choices as possible.
- Teach them what they are supposed to do and how to do it.
- Praise the steps along the way, not just when a chore is done.
- Notice when they’re doing what they’re supposed to, not just when they aren’t.
- Give chores that match their makeup, maturity, and likes.
- Set rules and follow through on consequences.
- Support them to find an interest where they can give their all.
- Be positive about doing your chores.
READ EDUCATIONAL ARTICLES –
practical, well-researched information for parents:
Teaching Responsibility in Your Children:
Part I The Big Picture
Part II Tips for Teaching Responsibility
Part I Benefits of Chores
Part II Selecting Appropriate Chores for Your Children
Part III Promoting Chore Responsibility
Tips for a Successful Chore Plan
Ten Ways to Get your Kids to Do Chores
READ NEWS & VIEWS NEWSLETTER ARTICLES –
words of wisdom by parents for parents:
A Healthy Dose of Neglect
Parents as Teachers
Improving the Oil and Water Relationship between Children and Chores
Try, Try, Try Again: Perseverance
VIEW OUR PRE-RECORDED ONLINE WORKSHOP –
watch our presentation and hear what other parents say:
PLEASE NOTE: We no longer offer Certificates of Completion
Promoting Responsibility: A Key to Success
<Library of Articles topic page