TOP TEN TIPS TO GET CHILDREN TO DO CHORES AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY
- Support but don’t take over.
- Give more perks as children become more mature.
- Let them make as many choices as possible.
- Teach them what they are supposed to do and how to do it.
- Praise the steps along the way, not just when a chore is done.
- Notice when they’re doing what they’re supposed to, not just when they aren’t.
- Give chores that match their makeup, maturity, and likes.
- Set rules and follow through on consequences.
- Support them to find an interest where they can give their all.
- Be positive about doing your chores.
Teaching Responsibility in Your Children: