Love the articles on our site? Now you can own a collection of parents’ favorites in our newly published book, A Million Chances: Parenting Lessons Learned and Shared.
Pick up a copy for yourself so you will have it at your fingertips when you encouragement, support, or specific tips.
Share the wisdom in its pages with anyone who is looking to do their very best in raising their children. A perfect gift for a new parent, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and every day.
About the Book
With a hopeful and optimistic message, this collection of articles written by Parenting Educators – who are also parents – emphasizes the many opportunities you have to interact with your children, even as you both occasionally stumble over your choices.
You will walk away with fresh perspectives, useful skills, knowledge that you are not alone on your parenting journey, and the reminder that you have “a million chances” to influence your kids in positive ways.
Some of the article titles:
- The Myth of the Perfect Parent
- Putting Praise in its Proper Place
- Resilience: The Grit to Keep on Trying
- A Healthy Dose of Neglect
- Improving the Oil and Water Relationship between Children and Chores
- Shifting our Children from Greed to Gratitude
- A Life is Worth a Lotta Pairs of Socks
- How Parents can Respond to “It’s Not Fair!”
- “Will You Two Cut It Out?!!!” The In’s and Out’s of the Sibling Relationship
- Fun is Not a Four-Letter Word
Why read this book?
Why did we decide to publish another parenting book when so many already exist? Very few of those currently on the shelves are written by parenting experts who share so much of their personal experiences, frustrations, joys, successes, and challenges in raising their children. It is this aspect of “A Million Chances” that makes our book unique and very relate-able to parents who are in the trenches with their own children.
All the articles are parent-friendly, interesting, enlightening, and full of knowledge and understanding. Each includes a description of the situation with practical tips and tools for confronting the issue.
Together the articles present a coherent parenting approach that creates a roadmap for parents. The book encourages them:
- to be kind to and patient with themselves.
- to be hopeful that their children will develop into emotionally healthy, responsible, and caring human beings.
- to know that they have “a million chances” to raise their children well.