TOP TEN TIPS FOR HANDLING TEASING AND BULLYING
- Set family rules about respect.
- Teach how to state needs, without being pushy.
- Give your children a sense of power through activities (sports, clubs).
- Talk about how to be a good friend.
- Point out how other people are feeling.
- Let them know you believe in them.
- Help your children if they are being bullied and cannot fix it.
- Treat the bully with compassion.
- Discuss ways to stand up for others who are being bullied.
- Speak out against bullying in your life and your children’s.
READ EDUCATIONAL ARTICLES –
practical, well-researched information for parents:
What you Need to Know about Bullying
Teasing During the Preschool Years: Being A Good Friend is Protection
READ NEWS & VIEWS NEWSLETTER ARTICLES –
words of wisdom by parents for parents:
An Untapped Secret Force to Stop Bullying
Cyber-bullying: What Parents Can Do About It