TOP TEN TIPS TO AVOID OVER-INDULGENCE
- Realize that over-indulging harms children’s ability to function in life.
- Point out when they have had enough of something.
- Teach the difference between what they need and what they want.
- At times have children wait for things they want. Coping with frustration will help them.
- Set and hold firm limits and rules.
- Follow through with consequences.
- Don’t do things for your children that they can do for themselves.
- Think about the value you put on material things and how you view responsibilities.
- Show gratitude for all you have.
- Encourage your children to think of others and make the world a better place.
READ EDUCATIONAL ARTICLES –
practical, well-researched information for parents:
Instilling an Attutude of Gratitude in Your Children
Using Your Values to Raise Caring, Responsible, Resilient Children
Values Based Parenting: Guideposts for Choices
READ NEWS & VIEWS NEWSLETTER ARTICLES –
words of wisdom by parents for parents:
Parents: Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
A Life is Worth a Lotta Pairs of Socks
Shifting Your Children from Greed to Gratitude
Do You Want It or Do You Need It? And the Art of Saying No
LISTEN TO NARRATED PRESENTATIONS-
sit back, relax, and turn up your speakers:
From “Gimmee” to Grateful:
|Part I – Ways to Over-Indulge
||Part II – Developmental Factors|
|Part III – How to Increase Gratitude|