TOP TEN TIPS TO AVOID OVER-INDULGENCE
- Realize that over-indulging harms children’s ability to function in life.
- Point out when they have had enough of something.
- Teach the difference between what they need and what they want.
- At times have children wait for things they want. Coping with frustration will help them.
- Set and hold firm limits and rules.
- Follow through with consequences.
- Don’t do things for your children that they can do for themselves.
- Think about the value you put on material things and how you view responsibilities.
- Show gratitude for all you have.
- Encourage your children to think of others and make the world a better place.
From “Gimmee” to Grateful:
|Part I – Ways to Over-Indulge
|Part II – Developmental Factors
|Part III – How to Increase Gratitude