TOP TEN TIPS FOR HANDLING SIBLING RIVALRY
- If you have more than one child, expect sibling rivalry.
- Focus on the good things about having siblings.
- Teach your children that fair does not mean equal.
- Do not favor one child.
- Spend one-on-one time with each child.
- View each child as an individual. Do not compare.
- Teach skills to settle conflicts peacefully.
- Treat others how you want your children to treat each other.
- Only get involved in sibling problems when someone may get hurt.
- Have a home that values respect and understanding.
Coping With Sibling Rivalry
|Part I – Causes and Benefits||Part II – Factors to Consider|
|Part III – Tips for Managing|