TOP TEN TIPS FOR BEING THE BEST PARENT YOU CAN BE
- There are no perfect parents – mistakes are chances to learn.
- Take care of yourself so you have energy to care for your children.
- Don’t live through your kids – meet your needs through your own efforts.
- Support and give your children the skills to solve their own problems – avoid being a “helicopter” parent.
- You have many years to raise your children – focus on one or two concerns at a time.
- Pick and choose from your upbringing how you want to parent.
- Create family traditions to pass on memories and values.
- “Get on the same page” for larger parenting decisions with those who share in your children’s care.
- Seek support when you need it.
- Maintain a sense of humor.
Cut Yourself Some Slack
Find your “Inner Child”
Families: You Can’t Live with Them; You Can’t Live without Them
Little Tips to See the Big Picture
The Years Fly By
Working Together as a Parenting Team
|Part I – Obstacles to Team Parenting
|Part II – Skills for Working Together
Your Needs Matter